Amber Update was supposed to hit in the mid of August, while some regions have already received the long awaited Amber update, there are still many regions where the update hasn’t been rolled out yet. So, to all the people out there who are still waiting for the Amber to roll out, here is something that will definitely end your torment.
You can now flash any Nokia Lumia 920 with Amber update along with all the related features. Flashing the custom ROM will not limit your device from getting future OTA updates as well. Given below are some of the benefits that you will derive from this custom ROM.
- You don’t get any carrier logo on the bootup
- You will also get to install new Nokia apps such as Pro cam, Video Trimmer, Video upload and Smart cam
- FM radio
- You will also get Data Sense
“Although there are very few chances that you might brick your device but no one has yet reported of doing so. TechnoStop takes no responsibility if something happens to your Lumia 920.”
Flash Amber Update
Before starting on how to flash Amber ROM one thing should be kept in mind, only plug in your device to PC when I tell you to.
1) First of all you need to download hacked version of Nokia Care Suite along with Rogers Pre-Portico ROM (rm-820) and Amber ROM (rm-821). Extract the files after downloading them.
2) After you have extracted the files, install the Nokia Care Suite 5 and if a message shows up saying you need to install Microsoft files, simply use the links to download those files and then install them.
3) Copy the extracted Amber ROM and Rogers ROM into your C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products. You might have to create the Products folder for yourself.
4) If you happen to have Nokia Lumia 920 other than AT&T then jump to step 9 otherwise follow along the tutorial. If somehow your device is not flash properly, start from here again.
5) Launch the Nokia Care Suite and go to Product Support Tool and then login through Nokia Care Suite external. Select to Work Offline then go to File and select Open Product and type RM-820.
6) Go to the bottom left and select Programming followed by Recovery. Click on Update List then choose the rm-820 ROM and hit start.
7) Message will appear saying that it lost connection and will ask you to retry. At that moment switch your Lumia off and plug it to your PC. Press and hold the Power + Volume down button till you hear small vibration and your phone restarts, when it does hit Retry. Don’t bother about the Product Code and simply press Continue.
8) After the flashing is complete set up your phone but be sure not to login to your Microsoft Account. Unplug Nokia Lumia 920 from PC and connect to Wifi and go to the Phone Update and download the Amber update OTA. Be patient, it will take quite a long time to download.
9) Now do the same procedure by going to the Product Support Tool, opening Product and type in RM-821.
10) Perform the same as step number 6 and when it says that connection has been lost, plug in your device again, and hold down the Power + Volume down buttons. As soon as you hear the vibration hit Retry.
11) Let the device flash, on boot up change the language from French to English (U.S.).
12) Enjoy the Amber update on your Nokia Lumia 920 and be sure to download the features below to get full Amber experience.
Access Point (After downloading this go to Access Point in Settings and select AT&T LTE 1-Lumia)