Samsung galaxy grand CM 10.1 Update
Samsung Galaxy Grand is a 5.0-inch large screen display SmartPhone comes with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Samsung Galaxy Grand features 8 mega pixels camera, 1.2 GHz Dual-core A9 processor with internal memory of 8GB and 1GB RAM. Galaxy Grand comes with official ROM of Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean. The ROM may lack several features that can make the galaxy grand even better. In this tutorial, you can learn to update your Samsung galaxy Grand to Jelly bean 4.2.2 Using CyanogenMod 10.1. The tutorial is specifically for galaxy grand i9082. Make sure the correct model before proceeding.
Ensure the Following things before Updating Galaxy Grand i9082:
- You have installed all the USB drivers for Samsung galaxy Grand.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to options and then developer’s option.
- Charged your device to more than 80% as you cannot update the device while the charger is connected.
- Take the backup of all your important information so that you can get it back after updating your device.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand is rooted with ClockWorkMod CWM recovery.
Download the following files and save them on desktop:
Steps to Update Samsung galaxy grand:
- Copy the CM 10.1 and GApps files to your external SDcard. Do not save in internal SDcard.
- Turn off your Samsung galaxy Grand and reboot in debugging mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power button simultaneously until the CWM recovery menu appears.
- Before continuing make Nandroid backup of your current running stock ROM so that you can restore the Stock ROM if something goes wrong.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset followed by Yes to wipe out the current data so that there is no clash between the old and new ROM.
- Go back to main menu and select Install Zip from SDcard and on the next screen Select Chose Zip from SDcard. Locate the already copied CM 10.1 ROM, select it and confirm the installation.
- After ROM gets installed, repeat the above step and chose GApps this time to install the Google applications.
- Once done reboot the Galaxy Nexus and wait until the device starts
Now that you have successfully performed the above mentioned steps, you Galaxy Grand SmartPhone is running on CM 10.1 Jelly bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM. You have successfully updated your device and you can now the exciting features of CyanogenMod and Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Those who have successfully updated their SmartPhone do share with us in comments below.