Jailbreaking iPhone 4 can be quite easy if you get the right guide and that is exactly what we are going to do today. Following is a complete step by step tutorial on how to jailbreak iPhone 4 running on iOS 6.1.3 using RedSn0w.
As a tethered jailbreak you will be connecting your device to computer every time you reboot it.
1) First of all create a folder on your desktop and name it “Jbreak.”
Now extract RedSn0w that you downloaded.
2) Skip this step if you are already running on iOS 6.1.3 if not use iTunes to perform backup. Select your device and press and hold the “Shift key” and click Restore. Go to the Jbreak folder and choose 6.1.3 firmware ipsw.
Your device will now be updated to the firmware your chose.
3) Now the real thing begins, go to the RedSn0w folder that you extracted and run the .exe file as “Run as administrator.”
4) The RedSn0w window will pop up, click on the “Extras” and from there click on the “Select IPSW” button.
5) Browse to the Jbreak folder and choose the iOS 6.0 firmware ipsw.
6) A message will appear saying that for the rest of the session iOS 6.0 IPSW will be utilized. Press OK.
7) Now go back to the main menu by click Back button and click on the Jailbreak button, RedSn0w will now begin patching kernel. Once processed, check the Install Cydia box and click Next button.
8) Next you will have to turn your device off and click on the Next button. You will need to put your device in DFU mode and for that RedSn0w will provide step by step guide.
Press and hold Power button+Home key for about 10 seconds.
Then release the Power button without releasing the Home key until your device is detected by RedSn0w.
9) After that RedSn0w will do its job, exploiting your iPhone with limera1n, rebooting your device and finally uploading a new Ram Disk.
10) Your iPhone is now jailbroken and you will be notified by RedSn0w that it’s tethered jailbreak. Click on the Quit button.
But it doesn’t end here, you still need to perform boot tethered.
1) For boot tethered again run the RedSn0w and from the main menu click on the Extras button.
2) From there click on the Select IPSW button and choose the iOS 6.0 firmware ipsw. After that click on the Just boot button and follow the instruction given by RedSn0w to go into DFU mode and boot your iPhone.