Root Galaxy S4
Rooting the device is no longer a difficult task. You can root your Samsung galaxy S4 running on Jelly bean 4.2.2 XXUBMGA with the help of easy tools of root. Root tool will enable you to follow the wizard and root the Galaxy S4 in simple steps. After root, you can enhance the experience by installing custom firmware and tools to make your device even more powerful. This tutorial is specifically written only for Galaxy S4 i9500 running on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 official XXUBMGA.
Before Rooting Galaxy S4, make sure that you have:
- Downloaded and installed USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your personal computer,
- Backed up all the data of your device,
- Enabled USB debugging mode by going to Settings, then Applications and then Developer’s options,
- Charged the device to more than 70%.
Steps to Root Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Connect your galaxy device and computer with each other through USB cable.
- Switch off your galaxy S4 and boot it in Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, power and menu button simultaneously until menu appears. When the Galaxy S4 will connect, a message of Added will appear on the Odin3.
- On Odin3, click on PDA and locate the Chainfire root file. After selecting, click on start button and the root process will start.
- After your Galaxy S4 gets unlocked, ID: COM will turn green on Odin 3 and a PASS message will appear on Odin3.
- After whole process, S4 will restart automatically. Your device has been rooted and you can now disconnect it from computer.
Now that Galaxy S4 has been rooted, you can install custom firmware and ROMS to enjoy the different features. Note that Jelly Bean 4.3 Update is now available for Galaxy S4. Follow the Link to install Android jelly bean 4.3 in your S4 to enjoy the latest features of Jelly bean 4.3.