Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.3
As the Jelly bean 4.3 update started rolling out for Nexus, Samsung and HTC devices, developers started to work for those devices that did not receive the official update. Android Jelly bean 4.3 brings many new features with it. Since Android has not released the official update of Galaxy S3 yet, this tutorial guides you to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.3 with CM 10.2 ROM. The tutorial is specifically for Samsung Galaxy S3 model I9300. After flashing, you Galaxy S3 will have all the features of new Jelly bean 4.3 latest update.
Before updating galaxy S3, make sure that you have:
- Made the backup of all important data as all devices’s memory will be needed to clean during flashing.
- Enabled USB debugging option on your device by going to Settings, then choosing development Options and then USB debugging.
- Rooted, unlocked and installed with recovery tool like CWM or TWRP.
- Your device must have 70% battery charge.
Steps to Update Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean 4.3
- Connect you Samsung Galaxy S3 to your personal computer and copy the downloaded zip files into the internal SDcard and disconnect the device from PC.
- Turn off the devic enad restart in recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up and power button simultaneously until the menu appears and phone starts in recovery mode.
- Now wipe the data so that there is no clash between old OS and new custom ROM. Select wipe data/factory reset option followed by yes and go back to main recovery menu.
- Now its time to install the unofficial CM 10.2 ROM. Select install zip from SDcard, then on next screen select choose zip from SDcard. Locate the CM10.2 ROM copied earlier in SDcard, select and install it.
- When all the files are installed completely, go back to main menu and reboot the device. First Reboot may take more than 5 minutes for the new ROM to load properly.
- Perform Nandroid back up of your running operating system to save the actual running ROM. Go to Backup and restore and select the backup option. After making backup return to recovery Menu.
Congratulation! Your Samsung galaxy S3 is now running Jelly bean 4.3 with CM 10.2 ROM. You can now enjoy the latest features of Jelly bean 4.3. Those who have flashed their device to Jelly bean 4.3, do share with us in comments below.