Microsoft announced that it will be releasing the General Distribution release 3 (GDR3) also called the update 3 pretty soon but they have made it available to the developers already, though it is not a complete update but rather in a Preview mode. As for some of the augmentations that come with this update include:
- Qualcomm Quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor support
- 1080 resolution
- Room for extra live tiles
- Enhanced Multitasking, closing apps in multitasking mode
The update is only available to the developers via Dev Center and App Studio. Dev Center requires a subscription of $19 a year, allowing you to publish your apps on to the Windows Phone Store. As for the App Studio, well, it’s free.
You can install the update if you have Windows Phone version 8.0.10322.71 but note that once you install GDR3 update’s Preview form you will not be able to go back and you may void your device’s warranty so Technostop.net does not take any responsibility for it.
Windows Phone GDR3 Update Installation Guide
Installing GDR3 with App Studio Program allows to unlock only one device thus updating only one device but if you are looking forward to update several devices then you need to have Dev Center account.
To Install GDR3 Update Through App Studio:
1) First you need to join the App Studio.
- For that you need to go to the the Studio’s website and then go to Start Building.
- Use your Microsoft account to sign in.
- And get yourself registered there by complying with the terms.
2) Then download and install Preview for Developers on to your phone. Installing the Preview for Developers app is pretty easy.
- After it has been installed, open the app and accept the terms can conditions.
- Use your Microsoft account to sign in followed by enabling the Preview for Developers.
3) You are now good to go, go to your phone’s Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates. It will then look for update and in few minutes you will have GDR3 update at your disposal. Install it and enjoy, all your apps and settings will not be harmed.