While almost everyone is getting Android 4.3 update on their Samsung devices, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users are still waiting for the 4.3 update to be rolled out to their smartphones. We still don’t know when the official update will come out, but why wait when you got unofficial custom ROM flash.
Galaxy Note 2 users with GT-N7100 model can now update their device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using using CM 10.2. Following is a quick tutorial on how to get Android 4.3 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
Before you Install CM 10.2:
- Make sure have created backup of all you settings and date.
- Your Note 2 N7100 battery should be more than 50%.
- Allow USB debugging by going to the Settings then Applications then Development and then finally USB debugging mode.
- Do not forget to install USB driver on your computer for Note 2. You can get the drivers from here.
- You will also need to install on Galaxy Note 2 ClockworkMode recovery, with the assumption that you have already rooted your Note 2.
- And finally you need to download CM10.2 unofficial Android 4.3 firmware along with Gapps (Google Apps) on to your PC.
Now Begins the Flashing:
1) Copy the Gapps package and CM10.2 ROM into you Micro SD card by connecting your Note 2 N7100 to computer via USB cable.
2) Once you have done that, disconnect your handset and turn it off.
3) Press and hold the Volume up button, Power button and Home key, all at the same time. Once you see the Samsung logo release all three of them.
4) You have now entered into the recovery mode; now you need to create Nandroid backup. To create Nandroid backup go to the Backup and Restore option and then to the Backup. And if something goes wrong you can always restore back to the saved ROM by going to the Restore option in the recovery mode.
5) Now go to the Wipe date/Factory reset and select Wipe Cache Partition. After wiping out your device go back to the main menu and select Advance and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6) After your device has been fully wiped out, go to Install Zip from SD card and then select Choose Zip from SD card and then browse to the CM10.2 firmware. After installing CM10.2, install the Gapps package in the same manner.
7) Once installed, reboot your device by going back into the main menu and selecting Reboot System Now.
8) You are now good to go, your Galaxy Note 2 may take few minutes to reboot for the first time.
You now have CM10.2 Android 4.3 firmware installed onto your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.